Heronlinenetwork.comand various sites dedicated to women give them advice on various topics. One of this which Heronlinenetwork and other sites as well deal in are the various aspects of relationships.
Here are some ways to keep the romance alive in your relationship and how to avoid the pitfalls of relationships.
- When the partners are intimate that is when they are vulnerable to each other. Tearing of walls can be scary and protecting the heart may be a good defense mechanism but that does not work when you are in a relationship. You need to be vulnerable in front of your partner. If you are not willing to share you cannot create something healthy. You need to be willing to show your partner your flaws. Relationships include loving the person’s flaws.
- Everyone keeps changing all the time and therefore you should never take your relationship for granted no matter how long you have known the person. The reason is that the person is forever changing, forever evolving and you need to keep up.
- You should not listen with your ears but with your heart. Intimacy is hard. When you are in a disagreement, you don’t really listen to them but are waiting for a chance of defending yourself or putting your point across. However, relationships are not games. There are no losers and winners. You can either end up protecting the relationship or your ego but not both.
- Love is not the same as control or manipulation. Love is acceptance and it means that you are willing to work upon things, you see your partner as he or she is and still love them and accept them.
- You should be willing to admit your mistakes and take responsibility for your actions. That is when the relationship is deemed mature.